Hour parameter criteria on widget selection menu to put HR range

We had many request on why we can’t select specific HR of the day from widget menu to look at certain hours and they don’t have to go back and change the time range every day.

For example:
• I select today 00:00 to today 08:00 on my widget. When I come tomorrow, I have to do this all over to look at my shift.

Is this something that can be provided as an option on the various selection range (yesterday, today, month, 30 days etc.,) or do we have to create a filter parameter where the date remains as Today and we provide start HR and STOP HR.

Regards,
KetanM.

Hi Ketan,

Our dev team is in a meeting right now and we’re discussing your issue. In release 24.0 we introduce a new functionality called report by shift.

In this modification, you would setup times for your shifts as a config(in organization maintenance) and assign the shift a name (ex: SHIFT1). With this setup you specify which data collections we monitor and which date field to use to calculate which shift this record belongs to. As of that point all new records coming into rebus will have a SHIFT field in every record. Now when building a widget you can filter on the SHIFT field.

Once the widget is on a dashboard with a shift parameter. You can then select any date range on the ribbon and it will report for that shift only.

If you setup a shift from 00:00:00 to 08:00:00 in org maintenance and then add this field to widget. Then all the user has to do every time they go in is only click on the desired time range for the ribbon.

We would appreciate your feedback on whether or not this meets your needs.

Also release 24.0 is in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Gerry

1 Like

Thanks for prompt response.
Do we have to modify existing widgets or this will be in play once we configured ( in Org maintenance) the assigned shifts.

Thanks!
KetanM.

Hi Ketan,

Yes you would have to modify existing widgets. That being said, as it pertains to widgets that are reporting by SHIFT, you may want to create new ones with titles like WIDGET NAME - BY DAY SHIFT. This would avoid confusion between widgets reporting by SHIFT and ones not reporting by SHIFT.

Once a widget is set to report by SHIFT it then becomes cumbersome to look at the same widget without the SHIFT. It becomes the same issue as you describe in your initial post but in reverse.

So 2 widgets may be the right solution for you.

Also important to note, it will not work on any records we received prior to the setup being done. So historical data could not be reported on by shift. If it’s a must you may be able to work with the implementation team to add the shifts historically.

I hope this helps

Thanks
Gerry

1 Like