Apply an index to a Custom Data Entry

Hi All,
I am looking to join a custom data entry file to my main data but am receiving the attached error stating that there aren’t any Indexes applied. Is this referring to my custom data entry file? Regardless, how do I apply an index to a data source so that I can join data together? I would like to load a number of look-up files to be able to reference against within reports and dashboards in order to translate data in an efficient manner without the need to maintain large code within Rebus.
Many thanks

Hi there Laurence,

There is no way for a customer to apply an index to a data source. When a widget is built the system creates the index on the collection for the specific widget query if a new one is needed.

However, having a look at the code, this does not seem to happen for custom data entry forms. We will address this in development. In the mean time, your PM can work with you to get these created manually. Please do not hesitate to reach out to her/him directly.

As for data translation, you are correct, this is probably not the most efficient way to do this. Neither from a querying perspective nor a setup perspective.

I will address this with the dev team today as well.

Thanks
Gerry

1 Like

Hey Laurence,

I was checking out your indexes. I noticed that one data collection has no indexes. This may be the one you are talking about. And i did notice that you custom data entry collection does have indexes.

As I mentioned earlier, indexes get created once a widget is built and activated.

May I suggest you build one widget(a dummy widget) with a filter stage of the fields you want to join to and activate that widget

This will invoke an index creation on that data collection

Again please do not hesitate to reach out to your PM if this does not work.

Thanks
Gerry

Hi Gerry,
I’ve given this a whirl and unfortunately not had any luck. I still receive the same error message when trying to join to the data source. My dummy widget doesn’t appear in the list of sources to join to either.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Laurence

Well this is interesting…your data collection for one that I believe you are trying to use has no metadata. Metadata is created automatically when we building polls and flows.

Someone is going to reach out to you